To succeed as a community, Mike knows we must improve the quality of life for everyone. Companies are attracted to communities that are a good place to live, work and do business.
Under Mike’s leadership, Jeffersonville is investing in the future by improving quality of life. And it’s making a difference. Jeffersonville was ranked among the best in the State to raise a family.
- The Jeffersonville Public Arts Committee is working on various cultural projects to highlight art in the city, led by a new, innovative public arts administrator.
- More public space is available for families to enjoy such as a newly renovated Vissing Park that opened in 2013. The wonderful new Woehrle Soccer Complex is now open. Jeffersonville’s first city park in the annexed area is about finished.
- The land next to Duffy’s Landing, the city’s last open green space is becoming a new boat launch along with sidewalks along Utica Pike to improve safety in the area.
- Construction is underway on a new marina in downtown to reclaim the beautiful view of The Ohio River. Very soon, boaters will come to “dock, shop and dine” in downtown Jeffersonville.
- The Big Four Bridge is finally open and brining thousands of new people to discovery Jeffersonville’s downtown shops and restaurants.
- Construction is underway at Big Four Station – a park at the foot of the Big Four Bridge with two blocks of green space, a playground, pavilion and water feature.
- A new streetscape has improved Chestnut Street – connecting the Big Four to Spring Street with bicycle lanes