While government doesn’t create jobs, it shouldn’t get in the way of businesses. As a former small businessman, Mike understands the importance of limited government.
Attracting new jobs and growing Jeffersonville’s economy has been Mike’s top priority. And his pro-business agenda is getting results.
- Nearly 3,000 new jobs have come to Jeffersonville. With the arrival of new businesses like Amazon, Catamaran and Fuji Seal, Jeffersonville is bucking the trend. That’s more than all of the jobs created in the four years preceding Mike’s administration.
- We’re keeping jobs right here in Jeffersonville. Existing business have invested over $40 million expanding here in Jeffersonville.
- Private development is in progress near the Big Four Bridge at the old Rose Hill School.
- On Veterans Parkway, Boombozz Pizza and Culver’s are open and plans have been approved for a new Menards that will anchor Jeffersonville’s side of the commercial corridor.
- 10th Street revitalization is now underway with more construction slated in 2016.
- Mike’s hard work is getting noticed. Jeffersonville was named the fourth best place in Indiana for job seekers.
Mike’s strategy is simple – focus on growing our local economy by making Jeffersonville the place to do business.